Sunday 27 July 2008

Hooray!

A few months ago I wrote my first play. It's actually an adaptation of a short story which I wrote a year ago and which was published in an anthology by Cinnamon Press. Recently I sent the play off to nine different theatres. I wasn't really expecting that anyone would put it on but I hoped that it might at least get a reading somewhere .... Anyway, I just had an e-mail from the Royal Court in London (one of the very best theatres in the UK) and, although they rejected the play, they did make some very positive comments about it. I needed that. It will supply me with the energy to write another play. In this business, even a few words of encouragement are rare so I'm making the best this!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Oh, how exciting. A few words of encouragement in this business are truly gems, especially from a place you can respect. Very inspiring!