Wednesday 16 July 2008

Draft number 4

I'm desperately trying to get the fourth draft of my new book finished before I leave Belgium in four weeks time. I'm writing in the morning and packing in the afternoon. Once I've finished the draft I'm going to send it off to someone who reads for me. The book is not actually in good enough shape for anyone to read it but I do need some feed back even at this early stage. Mercifully the lady who reads for me (for a well deserved fee!) is someone whose view I trust absolutely. She is also someone who will be able to see through the mass of cliche and melo-dramatic rubbish which is currently on the page to the thoughtful novel which (I hope) is hidden away there somewhere. I am already looking forward to being able to talk to her about it. Writing a novel is so horribly lonely. It's also really bad for your mental health. I don't know why I do it really but I can't stop.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

It's actually an addiction, lol. Good luck with the packing and don't be so hard on yourself. It all gets done in time.