Thursday 3 July 2008

Teaching

I've just come back from a weekend teaching at Oxford University. It was a wonderful weekend. Except that there were so many starry-eyed, enthusiastic people all wanting to get an agent, get a publisher, write a best seller. That just makes me worried because I know how hard it is for anyone to get anything published right now. But then when I think about it I know that that doesn't matter at all ..... What does matter is that the weekend was warm, creative, supportive, thought-provoking, engaging, full of kindness and humour ..... Writing breeds all these things and they are far more important than whether anyone ever gets anything published.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Amen, Alice :-) Thanks for stopping by, I've been away from the computer while moving states but I do appreciate your comment and your words here as well.
Happy writing today!