Sunday 7 September 2008

Reading through the book

I've finally found time to start reading through draft 4 of my new book. I need to do this in preparation for discussing it with the lady (a professional reader) who is currently looking at it for me. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. It reads better than I expected. I can really see how much the work I did earlier in the summer has improved it. Having said that, I've only read the beginning. The chaos doesn't start until later. But all the same, it made me feel quite good to read it. This week I'll have time to read some more of it - sitting in the new house which still has no furniture. At least, the heating is on which is definitely needs to be. The whole of our area of the country is threatening with flooding. Everyone has got water through their roof, if not actually in their house. It seems to have been raining since the beginning of time and there's no sign that it will stop soon.

No comments: