Tuesday 26 August 2008

Taking a break

It's strange. I've spent the last ten years writing continually. And then I start writing this blog and - due to a very complicated house move - I have to stop writing for a while. So suddenly I don't have much to say. Except that I'm planning a thousand writing projects in my head. And I've identified the room in our new house which is going to be my office. My son is going to be at school 8.30 to 3.30 so I'm going to get up early, make my lunch before he goes out of the house, switch off the phone and write for all that time. Or that's the plan .... Except it can't just be a plan. It has to be what actually happens.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I have found that moving your home is one of the most disruptive things to writing. I can't seem to get back into a rhythm of writing, either. I haven't settled down enough to, I can't stop exploring my surroundings enough to settle down and I haven't unpacked and organized enough to have a place that's clutter & noise free to be my writing zone.
I envy you that you have ideas floating around at least. That's always my challenge. It takes awhile to get an idea I'm interested enough in to spend the next few years of my life writing about.
My boys are 2 1/2. I have been writing only during their nap time since they were born. I'm so looking foward to having that long stetch of time to write when they start kindergarden.
Hope things get sorted out for you soon, so you can feel settled and free enough to write!