Friday 6 June 2008

Doris Lessing

I just found this Doris Lessing quote. It made my day. I agree with her so entirely. The quote goes like this: "It does no harm to repeat, as often as you can, 'Without me the literary industry would not exist: the publishers, the agents, the sub-agents, the accountants, the libel lawyers, the departments of literature, the professors, the theses, the books of criticism, the reviewers, the book pages - all this vast and proliferating edifice is because of this small, patronised, put-down and underpaid person.'" Three cheers for you, Doris.

1 comment:

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Good for her. That's certainly the way to think and I hope that should I ever get published (or should I be saying 'when' I get published) I hope I do the same thing too.

Positive mental attitude.

Debs