Sunday 4 May 2008

Plays and poetry

I have only ever written one play. I finished it earlier this year and sent it off to a competition. It came second and so now I'm thinking of sending it off to other places. I've just been doing some research as to where I can send it. I'm really not sure if it's any good or not. I would need to see if performed in order to know how to make it better. But I only want it performed by someone who knows that they are doing. It's a very bitter-sweet play but in my mind it's more bitter than sweet. I'd hate to see it played for laughs (which it could be). I also have to find something I can use for a reading which is scheduled for 15th May (in central Brussels). I usually like to write something new for a reading. It seems unfair on the audience not to make that effort. There's poetry I'm burning to write (having not written a poem in five years or more) but I don't think I'm going to get it done now for 15th May. But perhaps I should push myself to do it. It might help to take some time off from the novel. I don't know.

No comments: