Friday 18 April 2008

Awful day

Today I've done half an hours writing. That's pathetic. I've some how lost my nerve. The novel is so all over the place that even I can't understand it. Deep down I know that it will come right but I haven't the courage today. The situation is aggravated by one hundred petty interruptions. A few weeks ago I moved from my own desk downstairs to my husband's computer. I did this because I've got bad back and shoulder problems (even more time wasted trailing back and forth to chiropractor). Anyway, a few days ago the sun came out so I opened the window in my husband's office - and now it won't shut. So I'm trying to write in a howling gale with a rapidly stiffening shoulder. It doesn't sound like a big deal. It isn't a big deal ..... But in the mood I'm in it's too much. I just want some peace and quiet so I can get on with my writing. Let's hope it will be better next week.

No comments: